6 December 2010
4 December 2010
3 December 2010
Job. Chief Tamer of Unquiddlian Varteks.
- Experience with giant octopi taming is strongly preferred.
- Extensive oblong block manipulation experience.
- Expertise in dangerous outer space combat environments.
- Demonic summoning experience a strong plus.
- Starship piloting experience also a strong plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (especially ancient Aramaic)
- Must be comfortable in a loin cloth.
- Ability to work under 9G pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a battle squad environment.
- Superior magic and interdimensional skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
This is a full time position. Some interstellar travel will be involved. Fearlessness of Terrilbiting Osks a bonus.
3 December 2010
Venkat Vedantam writes about two horrible incidents. The first -- the bashing and murder of a lady in Detroit. In front of many people. People who didn't intervene. The second -- a group of traders who remained on floor 89 of one of the World Trade Centre towers, even though the other tower had been struck by an aircraft. (They all died when a second aeroplane hit their tower.)
When you think about these cases in hindsight, it is very easy to draw the conclusion that people in Detroit were callous cowards, and that the people in New York who stayed behind in their office tower were fools. [...] Only cowards fail to do what they know is right, and only fools keep sitting at their computers when the 110-story tower next door is burning to the ground - right? (The Hidden Brain p.128)
2 December 2010
1 December 2010
We're at the bottom of page 136.
Click a page number above to go to that page.